23 April 2009

Space Mountain


Whenever I go to the Magic Kingdom the only place I run to right away is Space Mountain (except for Thunder Mountain when I am running late for work). The one ride that I used to be terrified of is now one of my all time favorites. Perhaps I like it because you never know what is coming next since the entire ride takes place in the dark, or maybe because it has no big drops. Although having ridden it with the lights on, I do think that version is scarier simply because you can see just how close you are to hitting your head on the track beams. Word of advice: NEVER stick your arms up while riding Space Mountain unless you want to lose a hand or two.

Why am I writing about this you may ask? No reason in particular, except that it hit me the other day that while working for Mickey Mouse this summer I will not get the chance to ride it. You see the mountain closed this past weekend and will not be reopening till the end of November at the latest. Space Mountain is receiving some much needed TLC, I am not sure what they are doing exactly, but I do no know the longer they stay closed, the better the final product will be. I hope that when it reopens it will be similar to Space Mountain at Disneyland in California which is a much smoother ride and also has better special effects.
What will I run to now, I am not sure but I know what it will not be: It's a Small World. I still have the song stuck in my head and I worked nowhere near there. I even had a friend get sick on that ride.

Thanks for reading, have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment